Fatal officer-involved shooting in Visalia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police are investigating a deadly officer involved shooting. Authorities say they killed an armed suspect near the area of Cherry Street and Bollinger Avenue Saturday evening.
There were detectives all over the Visalia neighborhood where the incident occurred. Officers say they were responding to calls where a person was firing shots at other people nearby. When the officers arrived, they say they found the suspect in the intersection of Cherry and Bollinger.
It's unknown at this time whether the person fired shots at the officers, however, a Sgt. of the Visalia Police Department told Action News that the officers felt threatened enough to fire shots at the suspect, ultimately killing him.
The suspect has not been identified.
The Crime Lab was on scene and was investigating what led up to the shooting. Tulare County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the officer-involved shooting as well.
visalia, tulare, tulare county, officer involved shooting, local
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 20 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
30 min ago