Grass fire sets Fresno PG&E utility pole yard ablaze
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews are busy cleaning up from a brush fire that broke out in Northwest Fresno Tuesday afternoon. It started just after four o'clock near Shaw and Brawley.
Because of the heavy winds, the flames spread quickly toward businesses. Fire crews were able to stop it from reaching structures -- but it did manage to reach a yard of wooden utility poles -- at one point burning 500 of them.
The smoke could be seen from across the city. Officials say that's because of numerous fires burning throughout the city.
Officials intend to spend the rest of the night cleaning up and making sure nothing rekindles.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, pg&e, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- The Red Wave hits the road 45 min ago
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Bulldog Cadillac greats Fresno State fans...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos