Surveillance video: Shooting at Fresno's Fashion Fair Mall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Surveillance video at Fresno's Fashion Fair Mall captures the intense moments during a shooting Saturday morning.
The video shows shoppers hiding and several people running. It also shows the shooter dashing and firing a gun.
Fashion Fair cameras caught the action Saturday around 11:20 in the morning. In the video, watch how the shooter rushes up and fires a gun several times. One bullet shattered a second story window at Forever 21.
The gunfire sent several people running, including those who police say were involved in a confrontation moments earlier.
The video shows two shoppers, hunkered down behind a car.
Don Gross with the Fresno Police Department said, "Two groups of black male adults got into a disturbance. After that disturbance ended, one group walked towards First Street and the other group walked northbound in the parking lot. At the time the first group reached First Street the suspect turned back, fired two to three rounds."
The bullets sent everyone in the parking lot running. Officers say cameras show the young men involved all scattered. Right away, police say five people in the parking lot called 9-1-1.
Investigators say even though mall security showed up shortly after the shooting, the only people left were stunned shoppers or people who said they didn't see much.
"No one that we've interviewed so far saw the entire thing develop. So we're getting little bits and pieces. That's why we're asking for the public's help."
Luckily, no one was hit. But police say they need your help to track down the suspects who put everyone in danger when they fired in the mall parking lot.
This is the second shooting at a Fresno mall within the past two months. In March, police say an innocent woman was hit and is paralyzed after she was shot inside Manchester Center as she waited for her son to get a haircut.
As for Saturday's shooting, representatives at Fashion Fair Mall declined to comment.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos