Measure G numbers show close result
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Measure G results closed to a razor-thin margin as precincts reported their numbers Tuesday night.
With 100% of precincts reporting, the "yes" votes led 50.3% to 49.7%. The difference between the outcomes was 262 votes, but it was not immediately clear how many remaining absentee and provisional ballots might yet to be counted.
Further results are expected to emerge over the coming days.
Earlier in the day, elections officials reported that turnout was light in some areas, but they anticipated it would improve over the course of the day. With all precincts reporting, turnout was estimated at 23.4%.
Stay tuned to Action News AM Live for the latest election results and results from both supporters and opponents of Measure G.
fresno, fresno county, politics
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 32 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 27 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
28 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
45 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos