Measure G numbers show close result
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Measure G results closed to a razor-thin margin as precincts reported their numbers Tuesday night.
With 100% of precincts reporting, the "yes" votes led 50.3% to 49.7%. The difference between the outcomes was 262 votes, but it was not immediately clear how many remaining absentee and provisional ballots might yet to be counted.
Further results are expected to emerge over the coming days.
Earlier in the day, elections officials reported that turnout was light in some areas, but they anticipated it would improve over the course of the day. With all precincts reporting, turnout was estimated at 23.4%.
Stay tuned to Action News AM Live for the latest election results and results from both supporters and opponents of Measure G.
fresno, fresno county, politics
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
17 min ago