Pediatrician faces trial in former partner's shooting
LIMA, Pa. - June 19, 2013 -- A suburban Philadelphia pediatrician has been held for trial on charges she fatally shot her former domestic partner and narrowly missed their 11-year-old son.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 41-year-old Lauren Patricia Daly is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other counts in connection with the Memorial Day incident.
Police say Daly shot the woman through the windshield of a car while their 11-year-old son sat in the passenger seat. The boy wasn't hurt.
Magisterial District Judge Walter Strohl held Daly for trial Tuesday. A doctor at A.I. du Pont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., she's being held on $2 million bail.
Her attorney, Michael Malloy, says there was an argument over a custody agreement. He says there was "a lot more going on."
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, shooting, delaware county, local/state
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley 19 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 35 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Accuweather Forecast
47 min ago