Pediatrician faces trial in former partner's shooting
LIMA, Pa. - June 19, 2013 -- A suburban Philadelphia pediatrician has been held for trial on charges she fatally shot her former domestic partner and narrowly missed their 11-year-old son.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 41-year-old Lauren Patricia Daly is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other counts in connection with the Memorial Day incident.
Police say Daly shot the woman through the windshield of a car while their 11-year-old son sat in the passenger seat. The boy wasn't hurt.
Magisterial District Judge Walter Strohl held Daly for trial Tuesday. A doctor at A.I. du Pont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., she's being held on $2 million bail.
Her attorney, Michael Malloy, says there was an argument over a custody agreement. He says there was "a lot more going on."
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, shooting, delaware county, local/state
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno