New wildfire burning in Mariposa County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new wildfire is burning in Mariposa County.
This fire is not far from the Carstens fire that started last weekend. The fire started around 3 p.m. near Stumpfield Mountain Road and Watt Road. It has burned at least 10 acres, and is 20 percent contained. The CHP closed Stumpfield Mountain Road at Highway 49 to allow access only to emergency crews.
It's not clear yet if any structures are threatened.Stay tuned to Action News and abc30.com for updates about the fire.
widlfire, mariposa county, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 34 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos