Same-sex marriages to start in Fresno Monday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Since the order to begin issuing marriage licenses for same-sex couples came down late Friday afternoon.
Valley couples will have to wait until Monday to apply.
Come Monday morning all 58 California counties will be issuing same-sex marriage licenses. This order from the State Department of Health arrived at the Fresno County Clerk's office at 4:30 Friday.
As news of this spread calls began to trickle into the clerks office, asking when people can come down to get their marriage licenses. Brandi Orth The Fresno County Clerk said her office is ready to begin issuing marriage license on Monday at 8:30 a.m. just as soon as the office reopens.
" Well we did have a team meeting. We are pulling in all of our employees to help us from our election side division because we want to process the crowd as efficiently as we can. So we are prepared, we will do everything we can to help them," said Orth.
The staff is expecting a large crowd Monday morning. Action News has also checked with other counties in Central California, those said they will be ready to issue the marriage licenses as well.
fresno, fresno county, gay rights, local, rick montanez
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 23 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 41 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 6 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos