19-year-old in critical condition after Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are searching for a group of party crashers who shot at a house on Bond and Alluvial, critically injuring a 19-year-old girl.
The shooting is a top priority for Fresno police detectives. The shooter or shooters have not been arrested but police are tracking several leads.
Action News has learned the victim is 19-year-old Paris Turner, a student at Fresno City College. Police say after the shooting Turner was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with very critical injuries.
The shooting happened Saturday at around 2:05 a.m. neighbors said they heard at least four gunshots. Police said the shots came from a group of uninvited guests at the house party in Northeast Fresno.
Investigators say they are not sure what lead up to the shooting, but they know the suspects shot at the house from outside.
Neighbors did not want to talk on camera, but said they are stunned by the shooting. They say there have been parties on the street before but none have ever gotten out of hand.
Police say the 19-year-old girl who was shot lives at the house where the shooting occurred. They also say it is too early to know whether the shooting is gang-related.
Detectives are following up on leads including whether posts on social media may have brought the party crashers to the house early Saturday morning.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call Fresno police right away.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, shooting, local, rick montanez
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California 51 min ago
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 30 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 11 min ago
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos