19-year-old in critical condition after Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are searching for a group of party crashers who shot at a house on Bond and Alluvial, critically injuring a 19-year-old girl.
The shooting is a top priority for Fresno police detectives. The shooter or shooters have not been arrested but police are tracking several leads.
Action News has learned the victim is 19-year-old Paris Turner, a student at Fresno City College. Police say after the shooting Turner was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with very critical injuries.
The shooting happened Saturday at around 2:05 a.m. neighbors said they heard at least four gunshots. Police said the shots came from a group of uninvited guests at the house party in Northeast Fresno.
Investigators say they are not sure what lead up to the shooting, but they know the suspects shot at the house from outside.
Neighbors did not want to talk on camera, but said they are stunned by the shooting. They say there have been parties on the street before but none have ever gotten out of hand.
Police say the 19-year-old girl who was shot lives at the house where the shooting occurred. They also say it is too early to know whether the shooting is gang-related.
Detectives are following up on leads including whether posts on social media may have brought the party crashers to the house early Saturday morning.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call Fresno police right away.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, shooting, local, rick montanez
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 14 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 27 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt