19-year-old in critical condition after Northeast Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are searching for a group of party crashers who shot at a house on Bond and Alluvial, critically injuring a 19-year-old girl.
The shooting is a top priority for Fresno police detectives. The shooter or shooters have not been arrested but police are tracking several leads.
Action News has learned the victim is 19-year-old Paris Turner, a student at Fresno City College. Police say after the shooting Turner was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with very critical injuries.
The shooting happened Saturday at around 2:05 a.m. neighbors said they heard at least four gunshots. Police said the shots came from a group of uninvited guests at the house party in Northeast Fresno.
Investigators say they are not sure what lead up to the shooting, but they know the suspects shot at the house from outside.
Neighbors did not want to talk on camera, but said they are stunned by the shooting. They say there have been parties on the street before but none have ever gotten out of hand.
Police say the 19-year-old girl who was shot lives at the house where the shooting occurred. They also say it is too early to know whether the shooting is gang-related.
Detectives are following up on leads including whether posts on social media may have brought the party crashers to the house early Saturday morning.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call Fresno police right away.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, shooting, local, rick montanez
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather