Silver Fire burns in Riverside County prompting evacuations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters are battling the Silver Fire burning South of Banning near Highway 243 in Riverside County.
According to the Riverside County Fire Department, the fire has already burned some 6,000 acres, and has destroyed three structures.Fresno has sent strike teams of engines, dozers and hand crews to combat the fire in Riverside County. Two firefighters and one civilian have been injured in the fire.
Mandatory evacuations are in place for the communities of Poppet Flats, Twin Pines and Silent Valley. There is no estimate on containment. Highway 243 was closed between Banning and Azalea Trail in Poppet Flats.
You can also find more information about the Silver Fire at KABC-TV
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for more information.
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 22 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts