Silver Fire burns in Riverside County prompting evacuations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters are battling the Silver Fire burning South of Banning near Highway 243 in Riverside County.
According to the Riverside County Fire Department, the fire has already burned some 6,000 acres, and has destroyed three structures.Fresno has sent strike teams of engines, dozers and hand crews to combat the fire in Riverside County. Two firefighters and one civilian have been injured in the fire.
Mandatory evacuations are in place for the communities of Poppet Flats, Twin Pines and Silent Valley. There is no estimate on containment. Highway 243 was closed between Banning and Azalea Trail in Poppet Flats.
You can also find more information about the Silver Fire at KABC-TV
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for more information.
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 2 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released 39 min ago
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds