Fresno baby and his father killed in Oakland
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno baby and his 20-year old father have been murdered in the Bay Area and police are searching for their killer.
The shooting happened early Wednesday morning in Oakland. Family members say the victims are 20-year-old Andrew Thomas and his one-year-old son Drew. They say both lived in Fresno.
Police say the shooting happened around 2:45 a.m. when someone began firing into the house where the father and son were staying. Andrew was pronounced dead at the scene and Drew died at a Bay Area hospital.
Police spent most of the morning canvassing the neighborhood where the shooting happened. Investigators said they have made no arrests and have no suspects in the case.
bay area, oakland, shooting, homicide, murder, state
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 4 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident