City of Fresno offers more than 20 new bike lockers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in Fresno have a new option when storing their bicycles while at work.
The city is offering more than 20 big blue bike lockers to keep bikes safe. The new pilot program gives those who don't own a car, or just choose to ride a bike to work, a place to stash the bicycle when they hop on the bus.
The lockers are placed near local bus routes. City leaders say they are containers designed to keep bicycles safe.
"They are raised off the ground so people can't store items in there that they shouldn't be storing in, but its low enough so the bicycle can't be tampered with," Jim Schaad with the City of Fresno said.
The lockers are free to use, just remember to bring a padlock if you plan on storing your bikes there for the day.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Accuweather Forecast
5 min ago