Fresno ID theft suspects arrested after chase; fiery crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies arrested two suspected identity thieves after a chase through Fresno and Fowler.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said the pursuit started about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at Van Ness and Rialto in the Old Fig Garden area of Fresno.
Deputies said they saw three suspicious people a vehicle. When they tried to approach the car, the driver sped off leading deputies on a 25 minute chase from Old Fig Garden area, to Fowler, and then back to Southeast Fresno.
Deputies said the three suspects left the car in drive and fled on foot at an apartment complex on the southeast corner of Argyle and Tulare Street. The car then rolled into three parked cars and the engine caught fire. One of the deputies used his patrol car to push the burning car into the middle of the roadway to prevent the other vehicles from catching fire.
Deputies say they found mail, and washed checks in the car that included addresses from throughout Fresno and the Old Fig Garden area.
Marquez was arrested on charges of felony evading, reckless driving, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property, possession of burglary tools, forgery, and a parole warrant. Trevino was arrested on charges of resisting arrest.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fresno southeast, fowler, high speed chase, local, gaby rodriguez
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos