Fresno ID theft suspects arrested after chase; fiery crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies arrested two suspected identity thieves after a chase through Fresno and Fowler.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said the pursuit started about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at Van Ness and Rialto in the Old Fig Garden area of Fresno.
Deputies said they saw three suspicious people a vehicle. When they tried to approach the car, the driver sped off leading deputies on a 25 minute chase from Old Fig Garden area, to Fowler, and then back to Southeast Fresno.
Deputies said the three suspects left the car in drive and fled on foot at an apartment complex on the southeast corner of Argyle and Tulare Street. The car then rolled into three parked cars and the engine caught fire. One of the deputies used his patrol car to push the burning car into the middle of the roadway to prevent the other vehicles from catching fire.
Deputies say they found mail, and washed checks in the car that included addresses from throughout Fresno and the Old Fig Garden area.
Marquez was arrested on charges of felony evading, reckless driving, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property, possession of burglary tools, forgery, and a parole warrant. Trevino was arrested on charges of resisting arrest.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fresno southeast, fowler, high speed chase, local, gaby rodriguez
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos