3 injured in Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects in the shooting that sent three people to the hospital. The gunfire started just after 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning outside an apartment complex near Pontiac and Effie.
About a dozen orange cones marked the exact places where bullet casings landed early Sunday morning. The rapid gunfire wounded three people and sent petrified neighbors looking for cover.
"I didn't get up to look up to look because bullets don't have no eyes," said Dorothy Wyatt.
Police believe the shooting happened in the courtyard of this apartment complex during a large party. They spent the morning after going door to door looking for evidence. All three gunshot victims were taken to the hospital and one was in critical condition.
"It's terrible, it's terrible," said Jose Hernandez who is worried about the escalation of gang violence in his neighborhood.
Detectives say the shooting was gang related. Anyone with any information is asked to call police.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt