3 injured in Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects in the shooting that sent three people to the hospital. The gunfire started just after 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning outside an apartment complex near Pontiac and Effie.
About a dozen orange cones marked the exact places where bullet casings landed early Sunday morning. The rapid gunfire wounded three people and sent petrified neighbors looking for cover.
"I didn't get up to look up to look because bullets don't have no eyes," said Dorothy Wyatt.
Police believe the shooting happened in the courtyard of this apartment complex during a large party. They spent the morning after going door to door looking for evidence. All three gunshot victims were taken to the hospital and one was in critical condition.
"It's terrible, it's terrible," said Jose Hernandez who is worried about the escalation of gang violence in his neighborhood.
Detectives say the shooting was gang related. Anyone with any information is asked to call police.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals