3 injured in Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects in the shooting that sent three people to the hospital. The gunfire started just after 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning outside an apartment complex near Pontiac and Effie.
About a dozen orange cones marked the exact places where bullet casings landed early Sunday morning. The rapid gunfire wounded three people and sent petrified neighbors looking for cover.
"I didn't get up to look up to look because bullets don't have no eyes," said Dorothy Wyatt.
Police believe the shooting happened in the courtyard of this apartment complex during a large party. They spent the morning after going door to door looking for evidence. All three gunshot victims were taken to the hospital and one was in critical condition.
"It's terrible, it's terrible," said Jose Hernandez who is worried about the escalation of gang violence in his neighborhood.
Detectives say the shooting was gang related. Anyone with any information is asked to call police.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 14 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case