Woman shot in the head in Madera
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young woman is in the hospital after she was shot in the head in Madera.
Police found the 22-year-old victim near Park and Oak streets around 11 p.m. on Monday after getting reports of a shooting victim.
Authorities say the woman was awake when they arrived. She was treated at the scene, and was later taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
No arrests have been made, but the victim told police the suspects took off in a small black car.
madera, madera county, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 15 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?