East Bay News
Man injured in crash after police chase in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man accused of taking deputies in the East Bay on a chase was critically hurt when his car crashed.
The pursuit ended at 68th Avenue near Macarthur Boulevard late Saturday night.
The driver had to be cut out of the wreckage after slamming into some parked cars.
No one else was injured.
The chase began minutes earlier when Alameda County sheriff's deputies tried to pull him over.
crash, oakland, OPD, east bay news
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 49 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo