East Bay News
Man injured in crash after police chase in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man accused of taking deputies in the East Bay on a chase was critically hurt when his car crashed.
The pursuit ended at 68th Avenue near Macarthur Boulevard late Saturday night.
The driver had to be cut out of the wreckage after slamming into some parked cars.
No one else was injured.
The chase began minutes earlier when Alameda County sheriff's deputies tried to pull him over.
crash, oakland, OPD, east bay news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies