Fayetteville police: Man shot to death after assaulting woman
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Police say a domestic dispute ended in gunfire and a first-degree murder charge Friday night.
It happened just before 7:50 p.m. in the 5200 block of Chesapeake Road.
Investigators tell ABC11 Freddie Locks, 23, of Village Drive, went to the home and began assaulting a woman.
"It looks like one half of the domestic party came to the home for safety. The other half, found the victim," said Fayetteville Assistant Police Chief Chuck Kimble.
During the fight, police say Locks was confronted by another man in the house - 26-year-old Harold Allen.
Allen allegedly went and got a shotgun and fired at Locks, killing him.
Allen has been charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.
north carolina news, fayetteville news, homicide, local/state
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed