Arizona man dies while setting up for World Ag Expo in Tulare
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The World Ag Expo starts Tuesday, but this weekend the setup took a tragic turn when a man died in an industrial accident.
With the Tulare World Ag Expo two days away exhibitors are working to get everything ready in time. Sunday crews were extra careful.
"I think everyone realizes that in an instant anything can change and we are around heavy equipment and that safety is really important," World Ag Expo Spokesperson Liza Teixera said.
Saturday afternoon's accident happened in the middle of the show grounds. Tulare firefighters said the accident victim was standing on a John Deere tractor that was pulling a trailer. They say the tractor made a sharp turn or hit something that caused the man fall off and get pulled underneath the trailer. Witnesses say firefighters used forklifts to lift the trailer but could not save him.
Teixera said the man worked for Total Appearance Exhibit Services.
"They are a pressure washing company, they come and work for the exhibitors and they're hired to wash the equipment before the show starts," Teixera
Ray Martinez with the Kubtoa says they have used the company several times over the past five years at the expo. He says the company has done a great job getting their equipment show ready and his thoughts are with the man's family.
"It was tragic, that's the only term you could use, it's tragic," Martinez said.
Expo officials say the trade show will go on. There are more than 1,400 exhibitors attending and more than a 100,000 visitors expected.
Coworkers said that the man leaves behind a wife, 18-year-old son and a 20-year-old son in Arizona. Cal/OSHA is investigating the accident.
tulare, tulare county, accident, local, anthony pura
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested 7 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno 31 min ago
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car 45 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos