Central California Taco Truck Throwdown
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Eight taco trucks from Visalia to Madera are gathered in one place for the first ever Central California Taco Truck Throwdown.
William Garcia knows his regulars' orders as soon as they walk up to his window. The owner of El Taco Nazo says that's what kept his customers coming back for more.
"The love, the love we put into it, we take our time," said Garcia. "We've been in business 22 years, we know what we're doing."
Garcia spends his days traveling between construction sites in Fresno, sometimes catering, but a massive event like this -- bringing thousands of taco fans to one place, is a first. Organizer Mike Osegueda with the Fresno Beehive says that's the point of the Throwdown.
Osegueda said, "You don't always know where they're at, how to get there, when they're open hopefully it's introducing people to new places, showing them where these places are and building relationships for the future."
Osegueda invited taco titans from Visalia, Sanger, Fowler, Fresno and Madera to go head to head. They will all be parked inside the gates of Chukchansi Park, and fans can sample some or all of them and vote on their favorite.
One of Osegueda's personal favorites -- La Elegante, has been serving at the corner of Muscat and Maple for nearly 27 years. Customers go out of their way to sample their fare.
"We from Chicago so he brought us over here to try the tacos."
Which goes to show, even in this age of social networking. Word of mouth can't be beat. And that had taco lovers lining up early at the Grizzlies box office.
Julie Duenes said, "I think it's going to be a lot of fun. My last name is Duenes. Tacos are what we do. So. Laughs."
If you want to attend, you need to buy a ticket to the Grizzlies game, because the Taco Truck Throwdown is happening inside the gates. You can buy individual tacos for $1.50 or buy a taco package depending on how many you'll want to eat.
fresno county, fresno, fresno grizzlies, entertainment, christine park
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 56 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest 44 min ago
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Freeze impacts Valley tropical fruit harvest
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos