European Grapevine Moth found in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- For the first time, three European Grapevine Moths have been found in an insect trap in Merced County.
The moth is one of the grape industry's most harmful pests and has already been found in Fresno County. Some of those Fresno County vineyards are expected to be under quarantine.
Experts say the three moths in Merced County were found in one field and the grower has since sprayed the area and surrounding vineyards.
Officials are also working on developing a quarantine to prevent the pest from spreading there.
agriculture, merced county, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier 26 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers? 8 min ago