European Grapevine Moth found in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- For the first time, three European Grapevine Moths have been found in an insect trap in Merced County.
The moth is one of the grape industry's most harmful pests and has already been found in Fresno County. Some of those Fresno County vineyards are expected to be under quarantine.
Experts say the three moths in Merced County were found in one field and the grower has since sprayed the area and surrounding vineyards.
Officials are also working on developing a quarantine to prevent the pest from spreading there.
agriculture, merced county, ag watch
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation