European Grapevine Moth found in Merced County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- For the first time, three European Grapevine Moths have been found in an insect trap in Merced County.
The moth is one of the grape industry's most harmful pests and has already been found in Fresno County. Some of those Fresno County vineyards are expected to be under quarantine.
Experts say the three moths in Merced County were found in one field and the grower has since sprayed the area and surrounding vineyards.
Officials are also working on developing a quarantine to prevent the pest from spreading there.
agriculture, merced county, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos