Westside farmers planting around water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Water is playing a key role for farmers as they decide what to plant in the coming year.
Farmers in the Western San Joaquin Valley have been affected by chronic water shortages. The Westlands Water District estimates its farmers could receive up to 30-percent of the supply from the federal Central Valley Project.
The Central Valley Project will issue its first formal estimate in February.
ag report, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 25 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident