Westside farmers planting around water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Water is playing a key role for farmers as they decide what to plant in the coming year.
Farmers in the Western San Joaquin Valley have been affected by chronic water shortages. The Westlands Water District estimates its farmers could receive up to 30-percent of the supply from the federal Central Valley Project.
The Central Valley Project will issue its first formal estimate in February.
ag report, ag watch
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe