Modern day cattle rustling bust in Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley have arrested two cousins. They're accused of stealing calves from their employer.
Madera County investigators say Juan and Carlos Pedraz took several calves and 50 pound sacks of cattle feed from a Chowchilla dairy. The dairy owner told deputies the crimes had been going on for at least six months.
They believe many of the calves were sold, and then slaughtered. Both men are in jail, facing several charges including grand theft. They may also face deportation.
ag report, chowchilla, madera county, crimetracker, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase 57 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 24 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 15 min ago
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos