Modern day cattle rustling bust in Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley have arrested two cousins. They're accused of stealing calves from their employer.
Madera County investigators say Juan and Carlos Pedraz took several calves and 50 pound sacks of cattle feed from a Chowchilla dairy. The dairy owner told deputies the crimes had been going on for at least six months.
They believe many of the calves were sold, and then slaughtered. Both men are in jail, facing several charges including grand theft. They may also face deportation.
ag report, chowchilla, madera county, crimetracker, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 24 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 4 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos