The USDA turns 150 years old
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The agriculture department want you to join it, as it celebrates its birthday.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is celebrating its 150th anniversary this month. President Abraham Lincoln created the USDA in the midst of the civil war.
The USDA invites people to participate in activities that highlight the department's work in areas including nutrition, community development, food production and conservation.
united states department of agriculture, ag report, ag watch
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 11 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father 4 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
13 min ago