The USDA turns 150 years old
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The agriculture department want you to join it, as it celebrates its birthday.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is celebrating its 150th anniversary this month. President Abraham Lincoln created the USDA in the midst of the civil war.
The USDA invites people to participate in activities that highlight the department's work in areas including nutrition, community development, food production and conservation.
united states department of agriculture, ag report, ag watch
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather 57 min ago
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe 18 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera