The USDA turns 150 years old
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The agriculture department want you to join it, as it celebrates its birthday.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is celebrating its 150th anniversary this month. President Abraham Lincoln created the USDA in the midst of the civil war.
The USDA invites people to participate in activities that highlight the department's work in areas including nutrition, community development, food production and conservation.
united states department of agriculture, ag report, ag watch
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe