The USDA turns 150 years old
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The agriculture department want you to join it, as it celebrates its birthday.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is celebrating its 150th anniversary this month. President Abraham Lincoln created the USDA in the midst of the civil war.
The USDA invites people to participate in activities that highlight the department's work in areas including nutrition, community development, food production and conservation.
united states department of agriculture, ag report, ag watch
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 3 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos