Cantaloupe consumer confidence, demand is up
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Cantaloupe growers are hoping to finally move on from the troubles they had last year.
California cantaloupe growers say consumer confidence and demand have improved. Cantaloupe sales went down last year, after food-borne illnesses were linked to melons grown in Colorado.
This year, growers are taking more precautions to ensure their produce is safe. They will vote to start a new certification program that will include new handling standards and inspections.
cantaloupe, ag report, ag watch
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 24 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 10 min ago
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos