Valley cherry farmers on alert
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The cherry farmers here in the Valley are taking extra precautions to protect their harvest.
Cherry farmers in the state are keeping a watchful eye for pests such as the Asian fruit fly. The sAn Joaquin Valley is known for its many cherry orchards. Right now parts of the Valley are still under a quarantine for the pest.
Farmers in the Valley are being extra careful when preparing to harvest fruit and move their crop off the farm. The cherry harvest is starting a few weeks later than last year, and early varieties are already ripening right now.
ag report, cherry, ag watch
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 9 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
38 min ago