Valley cherry farmers on alert
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The cherry farmers here in the Valley are taking extra precautions to protect their harvest.
Cherry farmers in the state are keeping a watchful eye for pests such as the Asian fruit fly. The sAn Joaquin Valley is known for its many cherry orchards. Right now parts of the Valley are still under a quarantine for the pest.
Farmers in the Valley are being extra careful when preparing to harvest fruit and move their crop off the farm. The cherry harvest is starting a few weeks later than last year, and early varieties are already ripening right now.
ag report, cherry, ag watch
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76