Valley cherry farmers on alert
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The cherry farmers here in the Valley are taking extra precautions to protect their harvest.
Cherry farmers in the state are keeping a watchful eye for pests such as the Asian fruit fly. The sAn Joaquin Valley is known for its many cherry orchards. Right now parts of the Valley are still under a quarantine for the pest.
Farmers in the Valley are being extra careful when preparing to harvest fruit and move their crop off the farm. The cherry harvest is starting a few weeks later than last year, and early varieties are already ripening right now.
ag report, cherry, ag watch
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say