Valley cherry farmers on alert
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The cherry farmers here in the Valley are taking extra precautions to protect their harvest.
Cherry farmers in the state are keeping a watchful eye for pests such as the Asian fruit fly. The sAn Joaquin Valley is known for its many cherry orchards. Right now parts of the Valley are still under a quarantine for the pest.
Farmers in the Valley are being extra careful when preparing to harvest fruit and move their crop off the farm. The cherry harvest is starting a few weeks later than last year, and early varieties are already ripening right now.
ag report, cherry, ag watch
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions 48 min ago
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos