Peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots in season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Valley residents are glad to see the surge in temperatures. Farmers say they need the heat to get their produce market ready.
The Stone Fruit Harvest is underway in the Valley -- and peaches, plums, nectarines and apricots are now in season. In Fresno County, workers are moving quickly to fill their buckets full of rapidly ripening apricots.
Simonian Farms grows 181 varieties of fruits and vegetables over 80 acres. The crops are sold at their store at Clovis and Jensen where shoppers sort through the freshly picked produce.
Valley Farmer Dennis Simonian says he's welcoming the near triple digit heat because he needs the sun to grow sweeter fruit.
ag report, apricot, plum, nectarine, peach, ag watch
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange