Peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots in season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Valley residents are glad to see the surge in temperatures. Farmers say they need the heat to get their produce market ready.
The Stone Fruit Harvest is underway in the Valley -- and peaches, plums, nectarines and apricots are now in season. In Fresno County, workers are moving quickly to fill their buckets full of rapidly ripening apricots.
Simonian Farms grows 181 varieties of fruits and vegetables over 80 acres. The crops are sold at their store at Clovis and Jensen where shoppers sort through the freshly picked produce.
Valley Farmer Dennis Simonian says he's welcoming the near triple digit heat because he needs the sun to grow sweeter fruit.
ag report, apricot, plum, nectarine, peach, ag watch
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 32 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 27 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos