Peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots in season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Valley residents are glad to see the surge in temperatures. Farmers say they need the heat to get their produce market ready.
The Stone Fruit Harvest is underway in the Valley -- and peaches, plums, nectarines and apricots are now in season. In Fresno County, workers are moving quickly to fill their buckets full of rapidly ripening apricots.
Simonian Farms grows 181 varieties of fruits and vegetables over 80 acres. The crops are sold at their store at Clovis and Jensen where shoppers sort through the freshly picked produce.
Valley Farmer Dennis Simonian says he's welcoming the near triple digit heat because he needs the sun to grow sweeter fruit.
ag report, apricot, plum, nectarine, peach, ag watch
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety