Peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots in season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Valley residents are glad to see the surge in temperatures. Farmers say they need the heat to get their produce market ready.
The Stone Fruit Harvest is underway in the Valley -- and peaches, plums, nectarines and apricots are now in season. In Fresno County, workers are moving quickly to fill their buckets full of rapidly ripening apricots.
Simonian Farms grows 181 varieties of fruits and vegetables over 80 acres. The crops are sold at their store at Clovis and Jensen where shoppers sort through the freshly picked produce.
Valley Farmer Dennis Simonian says he's welcoming the near triple digit heat because he needs the sun to grow sweeter fruit.
ag report, apricot, plum, nectarine, peach, ag watch
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region