Government expands e-coli testing in raw meat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The move is expected to prevent more people from contracting the bacteria which can cause severe illness or death. The meat industry is now required to test beef for six new strains of e-coli.
Until now, the meat industry was only required to test for just one strain of the bacteria. Agriculture sEcretary Tom Vilsack says the change is needed to protect Americans from food-borne illnesses.
ag report, ag watch
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development 18 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- City of Fresno to hire 8 people to help...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos