New York apple harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple farmers in New York are dealing with the worst harvest in 70 years.
Apple growers across the state say they've lost about 80-percent of their crop. Farmers say bad weather destroyed a record number of apple orchards this year.
Growers say they'll have to do some major budget cutting to make up for the big losses. Farmers are hoping some of the damaged apples can be sold to make cider.
ag report, ag watch
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe