New York apple harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple farmers in New York are dealing with the worst harvest in 70 years.
Apple growers across the state say they've lost about 80-percent of their crop. Farmers say bad weather destroyed a record number of apple orchards this year.
Growers say they'll have to do some major budget cutting to make up for the big losses. Farmers are hoping some of the damaged apples can be sold to make cider.
ag report, ag watch
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale 26 min ago
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots