New York apple harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple farmers in New York are dealing with the worst harvest in 70 years.
Apple growers across the state say they've lost about 80-percent of their crop. Farmers say bad weather destroyed a record number of apple orchards this year.
Growers say they'll have to do some major budget cutting to make up for the big losses. Farmers are hoping some of the damaged apples can be sold to make cider.
ag report, ag watch
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years