New York apple harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple farmers in New York are dealing with the worst harvest in 70 years.
Apple growers across the state say they've lost about 80-percent of their crop. Farmers say bad weather destroyed a record number of apple orchards this year.
Growers say they'll have to do some major budget cutting to make up for the big losses. Farmers are hoping some of the damaged apples can be sold to make cider.
ag report, ag watch
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos