New FDA poultry labling system
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The labeling system for meat and poultry is about to get easier.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has launched a new web-based label approval system which makes it easier to review meat, poultry and egg product labels.
Food manufacturers can now submit label applications electronically. The system reduces the review times for labels and guarantees accurate information is put on product labels.
Before the new system, companies mailed or hand delivered paper applications to the FDA.
ag report, ag watch
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy 47 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes