New FDA poultry labling system
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The labeling system for meat and poultry is about to get easier.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has launched a new web-based label approval system which makes it easier to review meat, poultry and egg product labels.
Food manufacturers can now submit label applications electronically. The system reduces the review times for labels and guarantees accurate information is put on product labels.
Before the new system, companies mailed or hand delivered paper applications to the FDA.
ag report, ag watch
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 21 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years 8 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado