Report: Calif egg production expected to be down
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California's egg-laying hens are going to be a little less productive next year. The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports egg production across the country is taking a dip in 2013.
A just released U.S.D.A report predicts the nation's farmers will sell slightly fewer eggs next year. The U.S.D.A. says the drop in production is in reaction to low egg prices. Next year's production is expected to stay below five billion eggs.
ag report, eggs, hens, ag watch
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos