Report: Valley hay production increases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The hay production season here in the Valley is off to a favorable start.
The San Joaquin Valley Hay Growers Group reports the first two rounds of harvest have gone very well. Valley growers have already produced more tons of hay than at this time last year.
Hay growers say recent bouts of rain in the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys have not caused serious problems. Hay growers say demand from livestock producers in California and in the international market is strong.
ag report, hay, ag watch
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water