Report: Valley hay production increases
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The hay production season here in the Valley is off to a favorable start.
The San Joaquin Valley Hay Growers Group reports the first two rounds of harvest have gone very well. Valley growers have already produced more tons of hay than at this time last year.
Hay growers say recent bouts of rain in the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys have not caused serious problems. Hay growers say demand from livestock producers in California and in the international market is strong.
ag report, hay, ag watch
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 46 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases