California tomato production, prices up
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers of Californian tomatoes for processing may be in for a good harvest season.
Farmers say they're expecting an increase in both production and price per-ton this year. On top of that, crops in other parts of the world are not looking so good -- setting up some good export opportunities for California.
Tomato growers say they expect to earn $69 per ton of processing tomatoes this year. That's one dollar more than a year ago.
ag report, tomato, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos