California tomato production, prices up
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers of Californian tomatoes for processing may be in for a good harvest season.
Farmers say they're expecting an increase in both production and price per-ton this year. On top of that, crops in other parts of the world are not looking so good -- setting up some good export opportunities for California.
Tomato growers say they expect to earn $69 per ton of processing tomatoes this year. That's one dollar more than a year ago.
ag report, tomato, ag watch
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison