California tomato production, prices up
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers of Californian tomatoes for processing may be in for a good harvest season.
Farmers say they're expecting an increase in both production and price per-ton this year. On top of that, crops in other parts of the world are not looking so good -- setting up some good export opportunities for California.
Tomato growers say they expect to earn $69 per ton of processing tomatoes this year. That's one dollar more than a year ago.
ag report, tomato, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 48 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case