California tomato production, prices up
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers of Californian tomatoes for processing may be in for a good harvest season.
Farmers say they're expecting an increase in both production and price per-ton this year. On top of that, crops in other parts of the world are not looking so good -- setting up some good export opportunities for California.
Tomato growers say they expect to earn $69 per ton of processing tomatoes this year. That's one dollar more than a year ago.
ag report, tomato, ag watch
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm 28 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Accuweather Forecast
21 min ago
- Valley animal shelters seek donations to...
54 min ago