Study: Raisins lower post-meal glucose
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Raisins may help reduce post-meal sugar levels. That's according to a new study that says eating raisins three times a day may significantly lower post-meal glucose levels. That's compared to eating alternative snacks with the same amount of calories.
The study was funded by the California Raisin Marketing Board. Raisins are one of the most popular dried fruits in the country -- and they're primarily produced in the San Joaquin Valley.
ag report, raisins, ag watch
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm 33 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Accuweather Forecast
26 min ago
- Valley animal shelters seek donations to...
59 min ago