California rice crop setting example for other states
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California's rice crop is doing so well, others states now want to follow our lead.
According to a recent report, California rice farmers are now growing many different varieties of rice.. Now farmers in others states are working to put programs in place that are similar to the ones that worked well here.
California's rice crop has been successful in part because it's the kind used in much of the country's sushi production and it's valued in countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
ag report, rice, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos