California rice crop setting example for other states
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California's rice crop is doing so well, others states now want to follow our lead.
According to a recent report, California rice farmers are now growing many different varieties of rice.. Now farmers in others states are working to put programs in place that are similar to the ones that worked well here.
California's rice crop has been successful in part because it's the kind used in much of the country's sushi production and it's valued in countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
ag report, rice, ag watch
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos