California rice crop setting example for other states
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California's rice crop is doing so well, others states now want to follow our lead.
According to a recent report, California rice farmers are now growing many different varieties of rice.. Now farmers in others states are working to put programs in place that are similar to the ones that worked well here.
California's rice crop has been successful in part because it's the kind used in much of the country's sushi production and it's valued in countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
ag report, rice, ag watch
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno 9 min ago
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car 23 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos