California rice crop setting example for other states
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California's rice crop is doing so well, others states now want to follow our lead.
According to a recent report, California rice farmers are now growing many different varieties of rice.. Now farmers in others states are working to put programs in place that are similar to the ones that worked well here.
California's rice crop has been successful in part because it's the kind used in much of the country's sushi production and it's valued in countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
ag report, rice, ag watch
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos