Summer Farm Festival showcases Fresno State produce
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people attended Fresno State's sixth annual Summer Farm Festival on Saturday.
The festival celebrates the summer season and showcases the student run market and its products.
Students grow the fruits and the vegetables and then sell them to the public.
The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market at Fresno State sold several hundred thousand ears of corn as well as tomatoes and grapes.
The store even sells organic eggplant, squash and other veggies.
On Saturday the students also took shoppers on tours to show them how their produce is raised in the field.
ag report, fresno state, ag watch
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos