Summer Farm Festival showcases Fresno State produce
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people attended Fresno State's sixth annual Summer Farm Festival on Saturday.
The festival celebrates the summer season and showcases the student run market and its products.
Students grow the fruits and the vegetables and then sell them to the public.
The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market at Fresno State sold several hundred thousand ears of corn as well as tomatoes and grapes.
The store even sells organic eggplant, squash and other veggies.
On Saturday the students also took shoppers on tours to show them how their produce is raised in the field.
ag report, fresno state, ag watch
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt 20 min ago
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks