Summer Farm Festival showcases Fresno State produce
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people attended Fresno State's sixth annual Summer Farm Festival on Saturday.
The festival celebrates the summer season and showcases the student run market and its products.
Students grow the fruits and the vegetables and then sell them to the public.
The Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market at Fresno State sold several hundred thousand ears of corn as well as tomatoes and grapes.
The store even sells organic eggplant, squash and other veggies.
On Saturday the students also took shoppers on tours to show them how their produce is raised in the field.
ag report, fresno state, ag watch
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos