Gov. Brown expected to announce water tunnel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Jerry Brown is expected to make an announcement this week, about plans to make a massive twin tunnel water system.
The $24-billion tunnel would collect water from the Sacramento - San Joaquin Valley Delta, and carry it to Valley farmers and some Southern California cities.
Opponents say the tunnel will suck water from an already-fragile Delta affecting fish, increasing water costs and destroying water quality.
However, those who favor the plan say the steady water stream would effectively supply farmers and cities south of the delta.
ag report, california water, jerry brown, ag watch
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon 55 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals