Gov. Brown expected to announce water tunnel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Jerry Brown is expected to make an announcement this week, about plans to make a massive twin tunnel water system.
The $24-billion tunnel would collect water from the Sacramento - San Joaquin Valley Delta, and carry it to Valley farmers and some Southern California cities.
Opponents say the tunnel will suck water from an already-fragile Delta affecting fish, increasing water costs and destroying water quality.
However, those who favor the plan say the steady water stream would effectively supply farmers and cities south of the delta.
ag report, california water, jerry brown, ag watch
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 20 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 7 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 28 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos