Gov. Brown expected to announce water tunnel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Jerry Brown is expected to make an announcement this week, about plans to make a massive twin tunnel water system.
The $24-billion tunnel would collect water from the Sacramento - San Joaquin Valley Delta, and carry it to Valley farmers and some Southern California cities.
Opponents say the tunnel will suck water from an already-fragile Delta affecting fish, increasing water costs and destroying water quality.
However, those who favor the plan say the steady water stream would effectively supply farmers and cities south of the delta.
ag report, california water, jerry brown, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident