Gov. Brown expected to announce water tunnel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Jerry Brown is expected to make an announcement this week, about plans to make a massive twin tunnel water system.
The $24-billion tunnel would collect water from the Sacramento - San Joaquin Valley Delta, and carry it to Valley farmers and some Southern California cities.
Opponents say the tunnel will suck water from an already-fragile Delta affecting fish, increasing water costs and destroying water quality.
However, those who favor the plan say the steady water stream would effectively supply farmers and cities south of the delta.
ag report, california water, jerry brown, ag watch
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos