Farmer's markets more popular than ever
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There are now more farmer's markets in the U.S. than ever before.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the number of those markets increased nearly 10-percent in the past year. That increase was more pronounced in California and New York.
Agriculture experts say a higher demand for locally grown fruits and vegetables may be the main reason for the spike.
ag report, farm, ag watch
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos