Farm labor contractor sued over unpaid wages
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley farm labor contractor is getting sued for failing to pay more than 100 farm workers.
The California Labor Commissioner is suing Visalia based Diaz Contracting for not paying minimum wage and overtime to 129 workers. The lawsuit seeks more than $634,000 in unpaid wages, penalties and damages against Javier Diaz, the owner of Diaz Contracting.
State officials say this is the first time the labor commissioner has sued a farm contractor over unpaid wages.
ag report, farm, visalia, tulare county, ag watch
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 42 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos