Farm labor contractor sued over unpaid wages
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley farm labor contractor is getting sued for failing to pay more than 100 farm workers.
The California Labor Commissioner is suing Visalia based Diaz Contracting for not paying minimum wage and overtime to 129 workers. The lawsuit seeks more than $634,000 in unpaid wages, penalties and damages against Javier Diaz, the owner of Diaz Contracting.
State officials say this is the first time the labor commissioner has sued a farm contractor over unpaid wages.
ag report, farm, visalia, tulare county, ag watch
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos