More farmer's markets opening
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More farmer's markets are sprouting up across the county as demand for locally grown fruits and vegetables grows.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture released a report last week showing the number of farmers markets rose nearly 10-percent last year. The ag department reports a total of almost 8,000 farmer's nation-wide..
California has more than 800 farmers markets listed in the U.S.D.A. directory -- that's the most of any state.
ag report, farmers market, ag watch
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- BART train evacuated after brake problem 6 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial