More farmer's markets opening
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More farmer's markets are sprouting up across the county as demand for locally grown fruits and vegetables grows.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture released a report last week showing the number of farmers markets rose nearly 10-percent last year. The ag department reports a total of almost 8,000 farmer's nation-wide..
California has more than 800 farmers markets listed in the U.S.D.A. directory -- that's the most of any state.
ag report, farmers market, ag watch
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 45 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident