Apple harvest takes major loss
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The U.S. apple crop is down this year because of huge losses in the country's top-producing states.
A U.S. Department of Agriculture report shows the apple crop is down 1.3 billion pounds compared to last year. Ag officials say only 8-billion pounds of apples will be produced this year.
The ag department says the drop in volume is a result of devastating losses in Michigan and New York state. Farmers in those two states had to deal with major freezes in the spring.
ag report, apple, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 54 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 34 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos