Wheat farmers expecting a high quality harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California farmers are on track to harvest a very good crop this year.
The California Wheat Commission reports the quality on the 2012 wheat is very high. They say dry conditions in the growing season contributed to the positive wheat harvest.
California is the nation's largest flour-milling state, with most of that flour used to make pastas and breads. The Central Valley is the state's primary wheat growing area.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 39 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 42 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 37 min ago