Wheat farmers expecting a high quality harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California farmers are on track to harvest a very good crop this year.
The California Wheat Commission reports the quality on the 2012 wheat is very high. They say dry conditions in the growing season contributed to the positive wheat harvest.
California is the nation's largest flour-milling state, with most of that flour used to make pastas and breads. The Central Valley is the state's primary wheat growing area.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 5 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man 11 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by...
19 min ago