Wheat farmers expecting a high quality harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California farmers are on track to harvest a very good crop this year.
The California Wheat Commission reports the quality on the 2012 wheat is very high. They say dry conditions in the growing season contributed to the positive wheat harvest.
California is the nation's largest flour-milling state, with most of that flour used to make pastas and breads. The Central Valley is the state's primary wheat growing area.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 52 min ago
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 25 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect