Wheat farmers expecting a high quality harvest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California farmers are on track to harvest a very good crop this year.
The California Wheat Commission reports the quality on the 2012 wheat is very high. They say dry conditions in the growing season contributed to the positive wheat harvest.
California is the nation's largest flour-milling state, with most of that flour used to make pastas and breads. The Central Valley is the state's primary wheat growing area.
ag report, wheat, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 43 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 59 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance