Strawberry growers face new competition from Mexico
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Strawberry growers in Florida are getting some stiff competition, but not from their typical rivals.
California is the number one strawberry producer, followed by Florida. But now, growers in the sunshine state say they now have to worry about competition from Mexico.
According to new numbers, Mexico's strawberry crops are growing at such a high pace that it could soon catch up with Florida's production.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos