Strawberry growers face new competition from Mexico
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Strawberry growers in Florida are getting some stiff competition, but not from their typical rivals.
California is the number one strawberry producer, followed by Florida. But now, growers in the sunshine state say they now have to worry about competition from Mexico.
According to new numbers, Mexico's strawberry crops are growing at such a high pace that it could soon catch up with Florida's production.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes