New standard for sweeter oranges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The taste of California oranges will soon get even sweeter.
Orange marketers say they will start using a new standard that will improve the fruit's sweetness. The new standard measures differently the sweetness to acidity ratio in navel oranges, resulting in better taste.
Marketers are hoping sweeter oranges will lead to more people consuming the fruit. The new standard will be in place in the coming orange harvest season.
ag report, orange, citrus, ag watch
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam