Japan could soon relax its limits on U.S. beef imports
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A panel of experts in Tokyo recommended today allowing beef imports from cows up to 30-months old. The change applies to beef imports from the U.S., Canada, France and the Netherlands.
Japan banned American beef imports in 2003 after mad cow disease was discovered. Japan started to once again allow imports in 2005, but only of cows 20 months or younger.
ag report, beef, ag watch
- Fresno men arrested after exchanging gunfire with police 11 min ago
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
35 min ago