Farm Bill rally in Washington D.C.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Farmers and farm organizations gathered in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday to rally support for a farm bill. They encouraged congress to act before current federal farm programs expire at the end of the month.
The farm bill includes a number of nutrition, environmental and research programs. California Farm Bureau representatives were on hand for the rally. They say signing a new farm bill is important for the state's farmers, ranchers and consumers.
ag report, ag watch
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals