California prune harvest kicks off strong
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The prune harvest is now in full swing in California, and it's expected to last several weeks.
Growers report prunes are in high quality, though slightly smaller than last year's crop. The farmers say shoppers can expect a large selection of California-grown dried plums because of favorable weather during the growing season and harvest.
Most of the state's dried-plum production occurs in the Sacramento Valley.
ag report, prune, ag watch
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman 15 min ago
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore 31 min ago
- Stand-up paddling is catching on 55 min ago
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts