California prune harvest kicks off strong
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The prune harvest is now in full swing in California, and it's expected to last several weeks.
Growers report prunes are in high quality, though slightly smaller than last year's crop. The farmers say shoppers can expect a large selection of California-grown dried plums because of favorable weather during the growing season and harvest.
Most of the state's dried-plum production occurs in the Sacramento Valley.
ag report, prune, ag watch
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey 58 min ago
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno