Table grape growers expect stronger fruit this season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The high temperatures this summer are helping the Valley's table grape harvest.
Valley table grape producers say the warm weather has helped them hold less fruit in inventory. They expect a stronger grape market this year.
The record heat did create an unusual problem for growers -- the warm days and nights made it difficult to get the fruit to color. But ag officials say most of the fruit will eventually reach the necessary color for picking.
ag report, grape - table, ag watch
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 54 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos