Table grape growers expect stronger fruit this season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The high temperatures this summer are helping the Valley's table grape harvest.
Valley table grape producers say the warm weather has helped them hold less fruit in inventory. They expect a stronger grape market this year.
The record heat did create an unusual problem for growers -- the warm days and nights made it difficult to get the fruit to color. But ag officials say most of the fruit will eventually reach the necessary color for picking.
ag report, grape - table, ag watch
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in... 48 min ago
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 23 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
48 min ago