Table grape growers expect stronger fruit this season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The high temperatures this summer are helping the Valley's table grape harvest.
Valley table grape producers say the warm weather has helped them hold less fruit in inventory. They expect a stronger grape market this year.
The record heat did create an unusual problem for growers -- the warm days and nights made it difficult to get the fruit to color. But ag officials say most of the fruit will eventually reach the necessary color for picking.
ag report, grape - table, ag watch
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos