Table grape growers expect stronger fruit this season
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The high temperatures this summer are helping the Valley's table grape harvest.
Valley table grape producers say the warm weather has helped them hold less fruit in inventory. They expect a stronger grape market this year.
The record heat did create an unusual problem for growers -- the warm days and nights made it difficult to get the fruit to color. But ag officials say most of the fruit will eventually reach the necessary color for picking.
ag report, grape - table, ag watch
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos