McDonalds to add more fruits and veggies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More fruits and veggies grown here in the Valley may soon be served at McDonald's restaurants across the country.
McDonald's says it's working on adding additional fruits and vegetables items on its menus. The restaurant is also putting calorie counts on food items listed on its drive-through and in-store menu boards.
McDonalds is already buying 100-million cups of apples a year to sell at restaurants.
ag report, apple, ag watch
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76